Fantasy Golf One and Done
The One and Done format is tricky given you have to optimize each player to the best of his abilities – picking a hot hand in a tournament that fits a player’s skills better than most. We’ll do our best all year long to help you choose the right player at the right time.
Noting that three of the four rounds will be on different courses than in previous years, the best options this week are: Bill Haas, Francesco Molinari, Jason Dufner, Matt Kuchar, Jason Bohn, and Zach Johnson. We can shorten the list up by noting the risk is probably too high to go with Kuchar and ZJ right now – they both play better elsewhere especially since this year will be different. We doubt Bohn will be able to pull given his track record here, so he’s out given we have three other good choices.
- Francesco Molinari – nice fit, plaing well, but can he really pull off a win, place, or show here?
- Bill Haas – former champion but on different courses; this is one of his best course history events.
- Jason Dufner – starting to see signs he’s getting closer to his old self – when will we see him at the top of the leaderboard?
Our choice this week will be Bill Haas because of his consistency across our rankings: #3 power ranking, #14 recent performance, #7 horse for the course, #4 course fit for him, and #2 similar course/field ranking.
Players already selected in 2016:
- Patrick Reed – Hyundai TOC (2nd)
- Jimmy Walker – Sony Open in Hawaii (13th)